Sunday, October 19, 2014

Russel Hustle (10/19/2014) - A solo trip to Mount Russel (East Ridge) in the Inyo National Forest region

An overnight trip along the Mountaineer's Route of Mount Whitney. Camped out at Upper Boyscout Lake and summited the next day. I had originally wanted to take the so called 'Thompson Variation' where you end up scrambling along the slippery and steep looking slabs on the north end of lower boyscout lake.  The route looked initimidating, so I instead took the normal mountaineer's route along the south end of the lake.

An early morning view of Whitney (picture taken from the Russel Carillon Saddle...


My shadow reflecting on the Russel Carillon Saddle, looking towards the start of the East Ridge route..















Somewhere along the East Ridge when coming down...

And it was a cold day, I needed my hat..

Close to the summit...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
I am an Information Technology Analyst with extensive background in the Clinical Industry that includes working for CROs, Pharmaceutical and Medical Diagnostic companies.